Monday, August 11, 2008

Drake's Farewell letter on Facebook

Before Drake left, he wrote a note on facebook explaining to all of his friends where he will be and what he will be doing.

I have been called to labor in the Argentina, Buenos Aires West mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be down there for two years declaring the good word of Christ. To open the hearts of men, women, and children to the reception of the Spirit, that they may receive joy such that there won't be room enough to receive. I will be proclaiming Christ's atonement that we may receive forgiveness. That as we repent and change our lives to conform with His will, we will receive great blessings. That baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost are necessary to return to our Father who is in Heaven, who is our literal father of our spirits who desires us to become more like him. That the purpose of this life is to gain a body, learn from our experiences, receive Christ, and prepare for greater joy afterwards. That the Book of Mormon and the Bible are true words of God and that if you read and ponder them, they will bring you closer to God and the Holy Ghost. I will preach these words to all that will receive me. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers over the next two years.

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers too.

No comments: