Sunday, November 8, 2009

La Misionera

2 Nov 2009

Dear family,

I´m sorry that last week I wasn´t able to send a good letter. I hope that all goes well with this letter, but it might take a while to write because the s and the e keys don´t work very well.

To answer the question about the experience of my companion, this is what happened. After personal study, we began our companionship study with a hymn and a prayer. After I prayed, Elder Runolfson stayed on his knees. He was crying. So, I let him stay there for a bit longer. He said, “Elder Ranquist. I just want to thank you for your testimony. I´ve been looking for that change of heart that is spoken of in Mosiah.” He felt the love of Christ. During that companionship study, I pulled out “The small plates of Drake Ranquist” (my spiritual journal) and read to him the process of gaining my testimony. It was probably my best companionship study that I have had. We then fasted that day to help retain that testimony.

This past week was a really hot and then a really rainy week. On friday, I had divisions with the zone leaders and they showed me how they are doing 40 lessons per week and finding so many new investigators. It was a really good day. But with the heavy rain on Sunday, none of our investigators wanted or could come. The was an attendence of 25 members at church. Sometimes we missionaries think that the Lord show his faithful by sending rain. And it gave me joy to see Gastón, Rocío, and Romina come from far away through all of the mud. That touched a lot of the members in attendence. It also gave me joy to hear the testimony of Lourdes. Those four are so humble and pure of heart.

Talking about them, Rocío has become quite the missionary. Two weeks ago, they went to a Kiosco on sunday morning and there was a 12 year old girl there named Patricia with her 9 year old brother Richard. Rocío invited them to go with them. They asked, “Where?” “To church.” “Ok, I´ll ask my Mom.” And they came, even before knowing Rocío´s name. So, we are now teaching that family. There was another time that we went to their house and found that their step-sisters were there and taught them. They also have handed out a few copies of the first pamphlet and inviting everyone. Rocío can´t wait until she can go on a mission in 5 years.

I hope that the rest of your week goes well. I would love to see and be apart of the play. I´ll be praying for you all.

Love,
Elder Drake Ranquist

1 comment:

Shaun Zimmerman said...

Dear Balletkitten - I just wanted you to know that it greatly touches my heart that you are maintaining this blog on behalf of your brother. My daughter is also serving there. I love reading his messages and I've noted that you tend to post them on Sunday, which is also a great activity to do on the Sabbath Day. Keep up the great work!