Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ranquist family update!

Ok, so I guess I should have said "plus some Ranquist family tidbits" in the title of the blog, because now every time something happens in my life my Mom gets on me for not putting it up here! (you see, she doesn't want much about her to go on the site, just mainly Jonathan and I). So here's a small post in accordance with the "Ranquist family tidbits."

I'll start with Mom, since she's the one who's been bugging me to update: Stephanie's doing well. She's gotten the Relief Society President thing down a little better, though she still is constantly busy! She had an old friend visit her last week and got a much needed break.

Dad: Dad has actually been having some problems. He has a herniated disc with a tear in it in his back. He's going through some surgeries now and will be out of flying for 3 months. It happened at a great time though, because UPS just parked his airplane and won't be able to train him on a new one until the end of the summer. So instead of having to take a sick leave, he is able to stay home and rest for 3 months while still being paid!

Me: I graduated duPont Manual High School!!! (yes, the d is not supposed to be capitalized)
My graduation was last friday, the 5th. I can't believe it's actually over. To tell the truth, it doesn't feel too weird yet though. It hasn't really clicked. I am going to start at BYU Provo in the fall and can't wait! I have already talked to some of my roommates (I'm staying in Heritage Halls in an apartment-like place with 5 other girls).

Jonathan: Is no longer a Freshie! He finished his first year of high school and is elated to move on (I think). He's excited for the summer break...and playing the computer.

Mom also wanted me to put up a picture from Prom.

2 comments:

andrea said...

What a fun update! So sorry to hear about your back, Uncle Alex. All I can say is Andrew knows what you're going through and wishes surgery was an option for him at this point.

Congrats on finishing up both of your school years, Jessica and Jonathan. Good luck at BYU, Jessica! You'll do great!

And you looked beautiful for prom. Love that dress!

amy said...

Thanks for the update! I do, of course, enjoy reading about Drake, but I've been curious about what the rest the family is up to as well. I wish everyone had a blog.

I love your prom dress!