Sunday, October 11, 2009

Me encanto la conferencia

5 Oct 2009

Dear Family,

We got back from our zone activity fairly late, so I don´t really have much time at all to write. I´m sorry. But as you all did, I absolutely loved the conference. It seems to get better every time. And it seems to go by faster every time. I felt the Spirit quite strongly through the duration of the conference.

I absolutely loved all of the talks about the importante of love. It is an atribute that I am trying so hard to improve. It has always been my weak spot. I can be diligent and do good things for good reasons, but I have a hard time doing such things out of love. I want to feel it more. I do love God and his children, but I want to feel it deeper down in my heart. I believe I am more sensible now, things touch my heart, but not quite as I think it should. I think it will be a trait I will be working on throughout my life. And I hope that when people see me, as President Uchtdorf stated, they will say “This is a man who loves God and loves his neighbor, why? And how can I have the happiness I see in him?” I know that I am called to be a constant example to help all that meet me to have more interest in the restored gospel. But, I feel I have a long way yet.

Now, I ask you to pray that I always have the energy that I need. The past two days, we went running around trying to invite and bring all of our investigators to General Conference. It wore me out a bit. But somehow God will pull energy out of nowhere to help me continue with His work.

Next week I´ll have a fairly big change. I´ll lose my companion E´Callejas and receive a new companion. We´ll also see this week if we acheived our goal of 200 baptisms. We have 130 for the transfer and 99 planned for this weekend (the last week of a transfer always sees the most baptisms). We hope to help with the baptism of Rocío, Gastón, and Romina Mendez.

I will continue praying for you all because I do love you Mom, Dad, Jessica, and Jonathan.

With that love,
Elder Drake Ranquist

No comments: