Sunday, January 3, 2010

Se termina la navidad

28 Dec 2009

Dear Family,

I don´t have too much time left because the computer restarted twice and the other computer froze on me while reading your letters. So, I´ll see if I have better luck with this computer. Luckily, I hadn´t started writing. But I think I´ll use the majority of the time left trying to send photos.

We did a service activity, painting a house, on Wednesday. So here are some photos of what we did. We mainly painted the front and it turned out really well. Our mission president told us to find some people to serve to make this Christmas more memorable. And so we did a lot of service. But what probably gave me more joy was when I was in the bus, I would use the bus ticket and make paper cranes and give them to people. One time, there was a little girl sitting close by and I gave the crane to her and said “Merry Christmas.” It felt good to see her face glow as I got off the bus.

And, thank you for your package. We loved it. While eating some of the candy, my companion said “Why is American candy so addictive?” The candy here just isn´t the same. So, thank you very much. Eating some of the candy and nuts made me feel at home a little bit.

This Sunday, there was a baptism in the ward. It was of an 8 yr. old girl, so it didn´t count for us, even though we basically took care of everything. The bishop even asked Elder Cuberos to do the baptism. It was good. And we are now preparing for the baptism of Diana Leiva. She is the 10 yr. old daughter of a member that used to work on Sunday, stopped, and is now coming to church again.

I know that this is all true and that we need to just keep on trucking. I hope that new years goes well for you all.

With love,
Elder Drake Ranquist

No comments: