Sunday, July 26, 2009

Moreno 2

21 Jul 2009

Dear Family,

I now welcome you to the area of Moreno 2. I´m looking forward to a good time working here, but I´ll definitely miss Castillo 1. I became really close to many of the members and especially to the converts. There was a lot of crying on the part of many of the converts the past few days. But, they are in the Lord´s hands. They will be protected and guided. Most of them have a good relation with the members, so they will have a support. But I´ll miss everyone of the families I saw enter the gospel. I will try to maintain contact with them through letters, but there are so many that I doubt I´ll be able to keep it up much.

My new companion is Elder Callejas. Another Chilean! I can´t believe that I´ve had three companions from Chile in a row. Sometimes I think that there is a future purpose for having correspondences with Chile. A ton of the best telescopes in the world are in the Cordilleras (Andes Mountains) in Chile. Having the ability to speak Spanish and having contacts there might help me with my future work. But, that is only a supposition. It also could mean that I need to learn spanish better and I need a latin companion to help me out. I don´t know much about E´Callejas yet, but I´ll let you know as time goes on. But what I do know is that he studies Civil Engineering in college for a year, but isn´t sure what he wants to do in his life yet. He is thinking about being a PE teacher because he loves sports so much. He is a lot more tranquil than E´Rivas. But, I have yet to see how we´ll get along.

I am in another pench of four missionaries. We live in Moreno 1, so we´ll have to walk and use busses a lot. E´Tomas is our district leader. He seems quite a bit like me—really relaxed, but good. E´Cumrine is his companion. He was the companion of E´Lloyd in the MTC. I think he´s going to make our time here interesting.

I give congragulations to Jonathan for completing his Eagle Scout project. That´s a real accomplishment. He should be receiving his Eagle shortly now. Work to the end and get it as quickly as possible Jonathan. The diligence you put in now will serve you well in the future. And Jessica, good luck signing up for classes. It was a pain for me too. But, one of the reasons I´m really glad that I have a ton of credits is because I can sign up a lot earlier than any one else.

I don´t really have too much more to say, but I´ll work on sending photos. I have a ton now. More than I can possibly send. Before now I sent home nearly every photo I took. This week, I have about double what I had as I said my farewells.

I hope that everything goes well with you all this next week. I hope that I´ll be able to work hard and bring more unto repentance and the reception of blessings.

With love,
Elder Drake Ranquist


ok Drake had pictures, but the laptop isn't letting me connect to the desktop where we have downloaded the pictures...so i'll try to put them up later.

No comments: